Tuesday, September 24, 2013

(be) inspired

Image taken from instragram.com/yogapata, curtsey of cbstudio.

Inspiration: (n) a person, place, experience, etc., that makes someone want to do or create something.

I have been blessed to have so many inspirational people in my life, people who lift me up, make me want to be the best self I can be. And one of these lovely beings is my yoga instructor, teacher, and friend, Tracy Bleier.

I first met Tracy when I moved home from San Diego and took a class of hers in Norwalk. Immediately, I was moved. Being a new face in the room, she came right up, introduced herself, and truly helped me throughout the class. The way she spoke about life, love, and beauty all being intertwined with yoga....I knew I wanted more.

Having been lucky enough to take her and her husband, Mitchel Bleiers, yoga training program, I got to know Tracy even better, on a deeper level. Tracy is a beautiful person, inside and out. She is a mother, mentor, yogi, intellectualist, spiritual leader....a visionary. As she says, "My vision is that we as a collective consciousness, through our words, actions and choices give the world an experience that teaches it how to love itself every day, the way it in every moment teaches us." - Now when someone says something like that, how can you not just stop, listen, and breathe it in. This is what I wanted to hear daily. These are words of inspiration and truth. Let us all surround ourselves with people who speak so openly and honestly. 

Tracy has taught me to taste life regardless of the outcome, what unconditional love is and looks like, the power of the self, to not fall back but to continue to be the person I truly am, that we forget in order to have the beautiful memory of awakening. The list could truly go on and on. Every conversation you have with Tracy, on or off the mat, is one of genuine love. 

Tracy writes in her vision on yogapata.com "....It is my greatest accomplishment if I can help anyone who comes into my life to trust that they have what it takes within them to create the ease at which they can embrace who they are; in their own bodies, and in their own hearts and minds." - Trace, you have inspired me to do so. To embrace exactly who I am. I have opened my eyes and heart to see that beauty is in every corner of this life. Thank you for all you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment