Tuesday, September 10, 2013

easing into love



I recently wrote a post about loving yourself in order to fully love others. And I have luckily reached that point in my own life. I am completely comfortable with who I am, and am so incredibly blessed to have found someone who loves me for me. As many of my friends and family know, I can be a bit of an odd ball. So lucky for me, the guy that I love has embraced it all. All the quirks (trust me, there are many). But when and how did all of this happen?

We so often hear about 'love at first sight' but is that true? Maybe. That, I do not know. But it most likely does happen for some...we are all different beings. For me, it was that initial crush. I knew he was funny, intelligent, passionate, and boy, was he cute. Every time we were together, we learned more and more about each other, hearing old stories, making new ones. And that crush grew to a deep liking. And then one day it happened. I knew I was in love. 

I believe there is always that one moment, whether it be the first moment you speak to them, or days, months, years later. But there is a moment. I had met his parents, but never the siblings. It was his sisters birthday party, and I was going to meet the whole crew....all at once. Shakes, nerves, sweats...I had it all. But when we walked in I felt so comfortable. I looked up at him at one point that night,  and he was in his element...hanging out with family, cracking jokes, drinking a good beer, loving the moment. And it was then, I knew, I loved this boy. 

It's a slow feeling. One that creeps up on you, but yet you can feel it happening. You feel the walls slowly coming down, you feel yourself inching closer to one another. You feel different. You're falling - losing it - and hey, it's ok to feel a little crazy at first. It's all so new. You feel a sense of comfort. And then when you let go and realize you can be your odd, quirky, unique self in front of him - that is when you fully fall in love. Forget the fear of losing him, for it's the attachment to one that brings us fear. Lose the attachment, and fall deep, fall unconditionally in love. Know and trust that this is real for that will bring you the truest love. 

Ease into it. Ease into love. Don't rush it. It's is the greatest gift we have. You are loved, and you are a being of love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment